http://www.makepovertyhistory.org A Case of Logorrhea: Au revoir

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Au revoir

One of the saddest thing in the world is having to watch the one you love walk away, as the distance between you and him stretched into an empty void. Yet if things were different, would we still have met and fell in love? You held my hand tight as i walked you to the departure gate, was it your way of reassuring me? If only you knew how hard it was for me to let you go, even if it was only for a short while. Maybe this isnt working for me anymore, waiting infinitely for something that might not happen. I need the courage to walk out, and the strength to heal, and above all, I need time to obliterate the memories of you and me. If sorry seems to be the hardest word, goodbye must be next. I felt the word on my lips, but it took a tremendous effort for me to say it out loud. I saw what we left behind, us in simpler, happier times. None of us wanted to say goodbye, but i needed to break away from the ghosts that haunt me night after night. Was it a mistake to begin with? Was it the wrong place, the wrong time or the wrong person? Or was it just blind cupid? "Every parting is a form of death, as every reunion is a type of heaven." so said Tryon Edwards. So i guess this is it, no tear floods nor sigh-tempests move, farewell my love.



Closest Thing to Crazy - Katie Melua

How can I think I'm standing strong,
Yet feel the air beneath my feet?
How can happiness feel so wrong?
How can misery feel so sweet?
How can you let me watch you sleep,
Then break my dreams the way you do?
How can I have got in so deep?
Why did I fall in love with you?

[CHORUS:]
This is the closest thing to crazy I have ever been
Feeling twenty-two, acting seventeen,
This is the nearest thing to crazy I have ever known,
I was never crazy on my own...
And now I know that there's a link between the two,
Being close to craziness and being close to you.

How can you make me fall apart
Then break my fall with loving lies?
It's so easy to break a heart;
It's so easy to close your eyes.
How can you treat me like a child
Yet like a child I yearn from you?
How can anyone feel so wild?
How can anyone feel so blue?

[CHORUS]


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love isn't a thing that develops and dies overnight, it takes time to develop and time to die (no matter what the situation might be - true love do take time. It is like the birth of a new baby - one that desires to run the day he/she is born. But not so, everything in this world is subject to a process - a process either known or unknown to man.

The picture you painted seems to point to me and sadly enough I wish things were different.

Sitting here and thinking of all the good and the wonderful times we have gone through, I cannot but say having a GREAT friend like you, who needs to worry about enemies.

People believe in fate and destiny, but sometimes its had to identify what is fate or destiny. I believe in fate and destiny, but I'd rather take full control of the destiny rather than let it take full control of me.

It is also true that life is not under any obligation to give you what you want, but you must stand up for things you desire and go for it. Life again is full of risk - known or unknown risk, but either way you cannot afford to let go easily.

5:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Every parting is a form of death...." This might sound as the craziest thing in the world but it is the real truth. Parting (even for a short time) might be like loosing a part of you but a sure thing is that as long as there is life there is hope - either of meeting someday and having a new door opened unto you.

Knowing that the world is a circle, true love is a circle - there is no beginning and there is no end but sometimes the human "part" of us walks in with different ideas and then decisions are taken and before you know it vooop, and its gone.

So what do you do?

5:51 am  
Blogger 箱の中で said...

I hope u're al'rite.

I can fully understand what you have written becoz I personally had such experience before.
Watching him/her walking away, leaving a void that gets bigger each day and yet there's nothing you can do... it's so helpless.

You wrote that "Yet if things were different, would we still have met and fell in love?"
For me, if I knew what was to come, I would definitely chose not to have met and fallen in love.
The pain is too much too bear...

Well... in anycase, that's just my opinion.
You hang in there, okie.
Stay sunshine, always !!

1:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

same ol same. Starting to sound like a tired old cliche novel

1:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way. Hi Jamie.......

1:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home