http://www.makepovertyhistory.org A Case of Logorrhea: Fears

Monday, April 11, 2005

Fears

Sometimes i scare myself silly with fears. For instance, the fear that i am not leading my life the way my parents expect me to lead and therefore, i am going nowhere, or i'm so afraid that I might lose the passion of pursuing my dreams before i could get any closer to fulfilling them, and sillier ones like I might not have the chance to ride on the ferris wheel with the one I love, or might not live to vist Greece. There are 1001 things on my List of Things to do before 35 and i think i might have to extend the deadline by at least another 10 years. The couple of things that are top on my list are: 1. To be financially independent, 2. To do volunteering work as soon as i can, 3. To fall ludicrously in love, 4. To move out. 5. To be happy. It's kind of frustrating, because 2, 4 and many others are dependent on 1. I'm cranky and disgruntled, then someone said, dont fight with your family, be happy, someone cares for you, and everything seems a little trivial and frivolous. I know i would get there, somehow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

Jamie, it's really okie to feel what you feel cos' I'm positive more than half of us have that list too, so I hope you feel better that you're not alone in this. And that someone who said don't fight with your family? You should keep him/her. Despite my sometimes conflicting actions/words/situations, I still strongly believe in that too.

2:11 pm  
Blogger 箱の中で said...

Well... consider yourself lucky coz you still have a long list of things to do before turning 35. Reflecting upon myself... time left is so so so much longer than the list I want to do, in fact my list is BLANK ! *sigh + melancholy*

In anycase, there's still plently of time for you to work towards your goal.
Strive hard and turn your dreams into streams of beautiful reality.

10:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all have those aspirations and those oh-so-almighty dreams and goals. Not many people get to accomplish them you know. But just keep going at it...keep tucking and niping at it...ti up the loose ends...some things will come true...while some may not...we be realistic....move on and look for newer goals...you have to start somewhere love....its far away...then starts walking...if it looks difficult...then stare harder....if its way too high...start climbing.....you may find surprises along climb...we all got to start somewhere =) Fuck...am i a motivation speaker or what? *grin*

1:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home