http://www.makepovertyhistory.org A Case of Logorrhea: I can still feel the breeze that rustles through the trees, and the misty memories of days gone by...

Sunday, June 05, 2005

I can still feel the breeze that rustles through the trees, and the misty memories of days gone by...

Weather: Caused a migraine, cant be good can it?
Song playing: Al Green's How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
Cigarettes: 8 and counting
Disposition: Drained

My migraine is killing me, no amount of coffee nor aspirin can ease the throbbing pain. I should be sleeping, except that i cant. I committed a dastardly deed last night, called up an ex and hung up at the third ring. It all happened earlier this week, was with a friend when he pointed to a standing figure a distance away whom remotely resembled a certain someone. Isnt that J? It wasnt. I heaved a sigh of relief under my breath. I wasnt ready. 3 years had passed and still i wasnt the financially independent, intellectual, sexy woman with substance and inner poise like i said i want to become when we parted ways. I couldn't shake him off my mind and decided to look his name up on the yellow pages. So he is married, at least one of us did. I was reminded of the heartache from the days gone by. Felt a tiny twinge where the wound once ran deep. It is time to draw the full stop, like they say, time wounds, all heals. Someday perhaps, when i become the woman i always wanted to be, i would tap on his shoulder and say hello. Then again, maybe i wont.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you, my friend, need shitloads of good coffee and friendship love.

both will come soon. bear it a little more. time flies.

oh yes, good luck for your exams
:D

9:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People who moves and look back may not be able to achieve their set objectives. I implore you to move on, though terrible the road might be, unstable the step might also be, as long as you decide not to look back but to use the experience effectively then you are bound to be the woman you always want to be.

Keep moving ahead and you will definitely make it

5:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home