http://www.makepovertyhistory.org A Case of Logorrhea: Epilogue (I can still feel the breeze that rustles through the trees, and the misty memories of days gone by...)

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Epilogue (I can still feel the breeze that rustles through the trees, and the misty memories of days gone by...)

Me (heart pounding and hands shaking): Nobody uses ICQ anymore.
J: So why are you?
Me: Well, I am nobody.
J: Who is this by the way?
Me: The name's Jamie.
J: Last name Tay?
Me: That's right.
J: Hey! How are you? Sorry, its been a while since i logged on to ICQ, dont know who is on and who isnt anymore.
Me(lying): I'm great, couldnt be better. Yourself?
J: Wow, time flies huh?


Small talk continues for like what seems forever


Me (deep breaths): So I heard you got married? Why would you do something stupid like that?
J: Hahaha, eventually everyone needs to settle down.
Me: So who is the unlucky lass?
J: You know who, same.
Me: You are lucky to have her.
J: I think so too. Yourself? Seeing anyone special? Found Mr Darcy yet, Bridget?
Me (muttering under my breath): Nah, Mr Darcy's too boring, I dumped him.
J: Hahaha. Not to worry though, I am sure you will find someone soon, just make sure you dont become too jaded.
Me (lying, yet again): Me? Ohh dont overestimate yourself, in case you are wondering, I am now the financially independent, sexy, intelligent woman with substance and inner poise, not to mention a sense of humour too.
J: Hahaha. Whatever you say Bridget.
Me: Well, I have to run, I have a lunch date.
J: Take care and send my regards to your family.
Me: Later.

Now, that wasnt as hard as i'd imagined is it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home