http://www.makepovertyhistory.org A Case of Logorrhea: The Rainbow

Monday, July 25, 2005

The Rainbow

Once upon a long long time, there lived a little girl who believed with all her heart that someday, all her dreams would come true. On her way home from school one day, she looked up and there in the azure skies above her head, was the most beautiful rainbow she has ever seen. Dumbstrucked and fascinated, she marvelled in awe of the red and yellow and pink and green. That was the first and only time I've ever seen a rainbow, or a real one at least. Perhaps this is one of the reasons i adore rainy days, the anticipation and the longing, the disappointment and the forlornness, then again with conviction, the yearning and the hoping.

I have to keep reminding myself that with each passing day, i am closer to fulfilling my dreams of doing what i've always wanted to do. Only quite honestly, I've stopped believing that someday soon i will find myself teaching in China or being with the diseased/poor/homeless, doing whatever i can do to help, not everyone's that lucky i guess. Sheer luck could have explained Paul Coelho's timely intervention with his book The Alchemist, though i thought otherwise. Sometimes you have to want something really bad then somehow, miracles of miracles, you'll know where to go from there. You'd think most people wouldnt need half a decade to figure that out. Well, i guess i am not most people. Having squandered most of my precious youth being lost and feckless, now would a good time to put myself in perspective and fight for a change. The rainbow awaits, along with its promises.


Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Version: Eva Cassidy

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home