http://www.makepovertyhistory.org A Case of Logorrhea: The List

Friday, March 10, 2006

The List

I have just decided that neither rainstorm nor earthquake is going to make me leave the house this weekend (except that we have neither of those here). There can be no temptation so great that could entice me from my oh-so-comfortable single bed in my commodiously single bedroom with my fabulously single furnishings. There are some days that i need to be alone, like absolutely and completely. I cannot be with people Mondays to Sundays, day in day out. It has a very bad consequence of driving me crazy. Bad enough that i still live with my parents and siblings, now i have a cousin who is home all the time, so what used to be my alone time has been robbed of, properly. And so i thought a weekend at the boyfriend's house would be a refreshing change, since there is just him and two roomies who are hardly ever in. Huge mistake. Boyfriend's place is not equivalent to MY place. Its not that i dont like the place, its clean, its air-conditioned and the refrigerator is always well stocked with munchies of sorts. So i made a list of the likes and dislikes, just to prove that i am not that difficult of a person to live with. Lets start with the dislikes -

Why i dont like staying over:

  1. First of all, as a woman, i speak for all, staying over is an affair that is comparable to taking a short trip. You have to think about what you are going to wear over the couple of days, what shoes with which pair of jeans with which top with which bag and what accessories. And you cant change your mind because you've packed only those that you have decided before. And let me just say - FUCK! We cant wear the same outfit for coffee and clubbing afterwards. We are women, we change our outfits as often as we change our minds. Its not our fault.
  2. And then there is the toiletries. We dont wash our faces with soap for goodness sake's! And certainly not with the same bar we soaped our bodies with! Here's what we need - Facial wash, facial scrub, toner, moisturiser, shampoo, conditioner, and shower foam. I know what you are going to say next, that i can leave these things at his place. Of course i know that, i just dont want to get too comfortable, if you know what i mean.
  3. I do spend a lot of time in the bathroom, and i like to read when i do a number 2. Its a life-long habit, i cant just go and concentrate on going, i need a book to read when i do so. So if you see me going into the bathroom with a book its like announcing that i am about to do a number 2 and i have a problem with that too.
  4. I am not good with sharing, i dont have a habit of sharing my bed with another. If its a single bed, its not made for 2. Like i have said before, i need to propel from one side of the bed to another, and i cant do that when someone takes up more than his half of the bed. I snore, i drool, i talk in my sleep, hell i even sleep with my eyes open, and i dont need to hear about them when i wake up.
  5. Being the klutz that i am, i drop, spill and break things, and i am not comfortable doing that at someone else's place.
  6. The weekends are especially precious and i dont like it when i feel that i have wasted them doing none of the things i planned to do. If i have a movie planned, i have a movie planned, if i need to do laundry, i need to do the laundry, if i have a book to finish, i have a book to finish. And i kind of like to mix them up a little as i go along, read a little, do a little laundry, watch disc 1 of a dvd and laundry again and things like that. Spending the weekend at someone else's place means that i dont get to do any of the above and i keep thinking of the unfinished chores waiting for me. It gets on my nerves.
  7. I dont like to be told what i can or cannot do. I am not just a kid. I know what i can or cannot do.

Now for the good list:

  1. I like it when you are there when i am thinking of you. And you make me laugh. Plus i know that i would kick myself for not spending enough time with you when you leave for good.

I think i may be a more difficult person than i think i really am. A little selfish too. Oh well, thats just me. Long weekend ahead, chores to be done, ughhh. I KNOW! Cheerios for now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a cancerian I know. Home is important and we defintely have to touch base every now and then.

I am glad we are "stay-home" best friends! Looking forward to our near future where we can have indoor dinner parties =)

5:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so so funny. yet i can so so relate. although i am a saggi.

you write your personal quirks so well!
:)
really enjoy reading.. write more write more.

-weetzdom

12:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home