http://www.makepovertyhistory.org A Case of Logorrhea: Much Ado About Nothing

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Much Ado About Nothing

Nothing much has been happening lately, National day came and went, uneventful. I have been staying home most days, pretty much immersing myself in the sea of books, music and movies. A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, if that were true, my brain has probably regressed into that of the size a pea or smaller, if that is possible. Came upon some really dandy tunes while listening to Yahoo LaunchCast Music - Iron and Wine, Bright Eyes, Elliott Smith, Kings of Convenience, The Shins, The Trashcan Sinatras, Sondre Lerche, Nada Surf, Jem, Pink Martini and Missy Higgins, enough music to last me for a couple of weeks. :) Picked up some few bucks last weekend selling preschool products at the JL sale at the EXPO for a friend of mine, i sucked as a salesgirl, that much i'm sure. I've always tried to avoid monstrous sales like such as much as i avoid the supermarkets on a Sunday. Crowds are just not my thing, would rather pay more to shop in comfort, not that i can afford to do that often.

Scraped my knees while rollerblading last night, served me right for not wearing knee guards. A nice old man offered me a plaster for the wound, bless his soul. As i was cleaning the wound, it occurred to me that the antiseptic wipes and iodine were bought on two separate occasions by 2 different friends. The iodine was for the time i fell off my bicycle, the wipes for tripping while rollerblading. A klutz is one of the more subtle names i've been called, those not so polite names include - a walking catastrophe and an accident waiting to happen. A friend once asked half seriously, "Jamie, what if you accidentally stab me with a steak knife while devouring our meat?" And he was one of the few whom i havent told about the incident with the London cab, which, by far, is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me. Just the other night, i was reading Sophie's World while sitting on the bowl with a tummyache, as i stood up to pull my shorts up, the book fell into the unflushed bowl, the first instinct was to flush, it didnt help of course. I stood watching Sophie's World in the whirlpool of pee and poo, praying that it wasnt destiny's way of telling me where my life was going. Beyond salvation, i wrapped the book in a bag and threw it down the rubbish chute. Laughed myself to bed that night.

On an entirely different note, some guy i dated last year appeared from the blue, apologising for his behaviour and thanking me for "everything". For someone who claimed to be working for the "SEE-EYE-A", he risked losing his job just to talk to me, he is a laugh and a half. My cousin is in town and bunking with us while she looked for a job, before this, i had no idea it was such a huge contrast, being a Malaysian versus a Singaporean. Crossing the causeway meant a whole world of difference, for once, i am thankful that i am on this side of the bridge.

Ciao for now!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

everything?

2:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see rainbows all the time. Its where you live. too many buildings.

2:14 am  
Blogger mindless moth said...

It could be the buildings, maybe i just didnt look hard enough. You wouldnt mind terribly telling me who you are would you?

4:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yucks...pee and poo and book...don't really gel well together...oh but who am i to say...i dropped the hairdryer into the golden bowl once...and like....hmm...I didnt exactly know when I picked up the courage to start blowing my hair with it again...

But hey...glad to know...you dun see rainbows all the time...some good things will only be appreciated and cherished when they come once in a blue moon...

Hang on little tomato.

1:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say, reading your book in poo accident again make me crack up, again! I am laughing aloud on my desk..so silly!!

:-)

Hey, do you know how Elliot Smith died? Someone just told me this morning. Instead of cutting his wrist or drugging himself... he took a knife and stabbed at his own heart, becos he does not want to feel anymore.

yewk.

have

1:31 am  
Blogger mindless moth said...

The joke is usually on me, wait till i tell you the one about the LONDON cab! :D

There are several versions to Elliott Smith's death, single stab wound/multiple stab wounds/suicide/possible homicide and ya da ya da. If you ask me, i think he died of a broken heart. :-(

Thanks for dropping by, hope to read your posts soon!

2:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice to see some updates :)

i don't have such toilet incidents to share but yours sure made my sides split. How is it even possible???

So… double O seven finally decided to drop a line.

Whatever makes him sleep better lah har.

Please take care, Jamie :)

3:45 pm  
Blogger mindless moth said...

Ohh ohh, remember that fateful day you ran over my legs (okay, leg) with the bicycle? That was pretty funny too ehh?

When are we catching up huh? :D

2:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're good! miss double O seven herself :)

How can I forget nearly breaking your poor legs and of course, your first romantic brush with...

LOL!

Catch up? I'm free lah! I seem busy because you (people) are... a little... slow... and they are er, aggressive... but so much so, sometimes, they scare me. I promised to catch up with my lover this weekend, I hope that's a first step. YOu ah? This sat onwards, I'm open for booking :)

Really, Jamie, I have been meaning to catch up with you. Our conversations seem to be disrupted all the few other times we meet, it's as though we didn't meet at all :(

9:46 am  
Blogger mindless moth said...

I've always thought i have a flair for solving mysteries, someone should seriously consider hiring me as a private eye. LOL

Oh yes, my poor legs and the you know who, LOL. We'll definitely have to nail you down for a drink or dinner one of these days, this weekend seems impossible, will next week do? :)

8:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home