http://www.makepovertyhistory.org A Case of Logorrhea: Dancing

Monday, June 05, 2006

Dancing

And there i stood,
On centre stage,
Stark naked,
Shaking with unknown fear,

There in the audience,
Were the loves of my life,
Some were here to watch the farce,
Some were here to watch me fall,
Some were here to catch me when i fall.

It was now or never,
I had to put on a good show,
I was alone,
A dancer without a partner.

The first note sonant,
It was my cue,
My body rigid,
I curtsied gingerly.

I had no idea what nor whom to dance for,
But i danced,
Like a butterfly amongst blossoming flowers,
Like a drunkard inebriated,
Like a prisoner embracing the sun's warmth for the first time in a long time.

I danced the dance of misery,
Of sorrow and heartache,
Of a love lost,
Whose face i couldnt bear to imagine.

Of a future,
or the lack of one.
Of losing hope,
in a world where i cannot find my place.
Crestfallen, afflicted and diseased.

The audience are baffled,
It wouldnt be long before they send in the clowns,
And so i leapt,
Higher and higher i soared,

I am not afraid of heights,
I am not afraid of taking the road less traveled,
I am just afraid of being left here,
On flat ground,
Not going anywhere.

And so i kept dancing.


- Jamie Tay
Monday, 05 06 2006

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are the clowns? Maybe next year...

Chin up when you dance. Its all about the poise.

I hope to think that I am the audience that catches you when you fall.

So you think you can dance?

5:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

3:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home